English

135 peacekeepers sent to Haiti – MSN.com


PeaceMembers of the 19th peacekeeping contingent to Haiti bid farewell to their families and relatives in a ceremony held at the Villamor Airbase in Pasay City.

The peacekeeping team composed of Air Force troops left for Haiti via a UN-chartered Ethiopian Airline yesterday at around 2:30 p.m.

Air Force spokesman Col. Enrico Canaya said the group is being led by Col. Vincent Incognito and includes a doctor and two nurses.

“The batch was supposed to be deployed to Liberia last year but was cancelled due to Ebola cases in that region,” Canaya said.

“They will replace the Philippine Navy UN Peacekeepers who are scheduled to return to the country on July 14,” he added. via MSN.com.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s